Appointments are bookable by telephoning 0131 440 0149 between 08:30 and 18:00.
- GP appointments – These are bookable in advance and on the day.
- Nurse appointments – Our enthusiastic Practice Nurse leads all chronic disease clinics.
- House Visits – These appointments are reserved for those who are housebound or too ill to attend the surgery. Please contact reception before 10.00am if at all possible to arrange the house visit.
- Saturday appointments – These are additional appointments ideally suited to workers. The frequency of these appointments varies.
- Emergency appointments – If you feel you need an emergency appointment a doctor will be available to discuss this.
Missed appointments - please let us know if you are unable to attend an appointment or if you are running late. If you miss 3 appointments in 12 months we will write to you and may ask that you register with another practice.
If you have more than one concern/problem it is most helpful to tell the doctor or nurse at the beginning of your consultation. This ensures the most pressing concern is dealt with adequately. It may be necessary to ask that you make a further appointment(s) to deal with your other concern/problem(s).
Reception staff are trained to ask for a brief description of your problem/reason for the appointment to ensure you see the most appropriate health care professional. Any information is treated as strictly confidential.
You may wish to see a particular doctor, and if so the receptionist will try to give an appointment with your chosen doctor. Due to appointment availability this may not always be possible.
A doctor is always available to discuss any urgent problem. In the event of a life threatening emergency telephone 999 for an immediate ambulance.